Wednesday, February 06, 2008

When the wind blows...


Update: The picture above was taken by my cousin, and it shows just how powerful the wind yesterday was. And if that doesn't convince you, here's an excerpt from the email accompanying her pictures:

----------------
A lot of our fences are down, but so far Justin has accounted for most of the cattle and horses. He did find 2 dead horses - one hit by a tree and the other impaled by a 2x4. The greatest thing is that no one was hurt.
-----------------

More stories to come...

2 comments:

Doctor J said...

You will notice, I hope, that this toy must have blown a LONG WAY from its original location before it found itself on top of this fence.

Unless, that is, the child who was riding it originally was playing in the middle of a field almost a mile away from the nearest house.

Doctor J said...

I also wanted to say that when I recieve emails like this from my family, it reminds me that I'm not as "city" as I like to think I am.

I mean, really, how many of you have ever received an email from your family updating you on the status of their livestock after a storm?