Saturday, June 26, 2010

(Un)Paint It Black?

Recently, Blogger (the host site for this blog) began offering several new design templates to its users, which has resulted in a lot of aesthetic changes to the Blogger-blogs that I read regularly. (The design changes over Ideas Man's and Chet's blogs have been particularly noteworthy.) This site's design has pretty much remained the same for the last 4 years, the only significant change being my move from the "narrow" to the "wide" format. However, I have received over the years more than a few complaints about the white-type-on-a-black-background design, which some readers find a little too hard on the eyes. I've resisted making any major changes so far, but now I want to offer you all a chance to weigh in on the matter.

Here's the deal: If the vox populi calls for change, I'll be happy to accomodate. But you should know in advance that I'm only going to make design changes. If you want the themes, content, or general ideological filter of this blog to change, you should probably just move on along to the next hitching post in the blogosphere.

So, please register your vote in the poll below. If you vote "yes," I would really appreciate if you could let me know in the comments section what you would like to see changed.


***UPDATE: Poll closed. Changes made. Hope you like the new look.***

2 comments:

e. said...

beyond the white-on-black thing yes, being hard on the eyes, i also think that making the soap-box image smaller would be good, because you have to scroll down a lot to see the latest post. as i'm doing my daily internet rounds, i like to be able to click and see straight away if you've posted something new, or if i should just go on to the news. but no, don't change any content! ;)

Think3r said...

I was a bit of a fan of the old design, frankly. Liked the sepia-toned picture. But the new changes are nice.